RiverView Apartments is a collaboration between Lone Mountain Land Company, Resort Tax, Big Sky Water & Sewer, and BSCHT to develop rental units at 1700 Lone Mountain Trail.
Awarded $6.4 Million in Federal Funding
A Community Collaboration to Build a New, Affordable Housing Development
On May 3, 2023, Big Sky Community Housing Trust and Lone Mountain Land Company broke ground on RiverView Apartments. A BIG THANKS to the Big Sky community for supporting this collaboration to build 97 new rental apartments off Lone Mountain Trail. Developers anticipate occupation in June of 2024.
RIVERVIEW WAITLIST (for employers and employees)
- Because BSCHT earned $6.49 million in federal funding to build its 25 apartments, BSCHT’s occupants must meet federal income requirements. BSCHT will rent to individuals with incomes between 30% and 80% of the Area’s Median Income with rent capped at 30% of a household’s income. (See 2023 AMI Chart below.)
- Lone Mountain Land Company will build its portion of the project with private funding only. Because of this, LMLC’s units do not need to meet federal income guidelines. LMLC will lease both portions of its project to local businesses to use as employee housing. LMLC has not finalized rental rates.
The Housing Trust’s portion consists of two panelized buildings with 25 apartments on the west end of the campus. In October, panels went up for the second building with roof installation beginning in November.
- BSHCT’s board and staff attend the RiverView groundbreaking on May 3, 2023.
- BSCHT’s construction partner, BlueLine Development, adds the roof to BSCHT’s first building in October of 2023.
- BSCHT’s portion of the project consists of two apartment buildings on the west end of the campus.
- LMLC’s two buildings on the west end of the campus contain traditional apartments.
- LMLC’s three buildings on the east end of the campus contain single-occupancy bedrooms with shared living spaces.